- 3 Tbsp raisins
- 3 Tbsp brandy
- 200ml Meadow Fresh milk (not trim)
- 1 Vanilla pod
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 30g slightly softened butter
- 6 slices Vogel's Fruit & Spice Extra Thick loaf
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp Chelsea white sugar
- 100ml Meadow Freah cream
- 1/4 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp demerara sugar or regular sugar
- Nutmeg to grate or 1 tsp cinnamon
- Extra butter to dot on top of pudding prior to baking
1. Put raisins in a small bowl. Top with brandy and leave overnight, covered, on the bench.
2. Put Meadow Fresh milk and vanilla pod (or vanilla essence) on to heat, bring to just a simmer. Add orange zest. Cool.
3. Cut the crusts off the bread, then butter both sides with butter. Cut into triangles or smaller pieces (bite sized) and place in the greased baking dish. Arrange the slices in overlapping rows inside or you can simply scatter.
5. Pour about half of the egg/cream mix over the bread, scatter raisins over and leave for 20 mins in the fridge.
6. Preheat oven to 180C. Now pour the remaining milk/cream/egg mix over the bread and grated apple (make sure you squeeze the apple juice or liquid out with a paper towel first) and scatter with the blueberries (optional) on top.
7. Dot with any remaining butter and scatter the demerara sugar/nutmeg over.
6. Place the baking dish in a large roasting tray and fill to half way up the sides with warm water. Bake for 35-45 mins until golden brown.