- 1 KG Ground meat (beef preferred)
- 2 Medium onions
- 1 small bunch Celery green leaves - chopped or grated
- 1 small bunch Parsley or fresh basil (optional)
- Salt, turmeric and black pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 200g Bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Put all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and press flat with a fork.
- Heat the pan and pour in the oil.
- When the oil is hot fry the patties on both sides until golden.
- The Shfta is ready to serve