- 4 Red Plums de-stoned and quartered
- 85g Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 300ml Water
- Two Serves Vogel’s Café-Style Super Oats Chia & Coconut ( 2 tsp Brown Sugar optional)
- Sliced Almond
- Shaved Coconut
- Meadow Fresh Fresh Cream
To prepare porridge:
- 90g or 1 cup of Vogel’s Café-Style Super Oats Chia & Coconut.
- 150ml or 2/3 cup of Meadow Fresh milk or water for a lighter option.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds or cook on stove top (medium heat) for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust milk or water to suit.
- Allow to cool before serving.
To stew plums:
- Place the Chelsea caster sugar, water, cinnamon and orange juice into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Add plums and poach in the syrup for 15-18 minutes until soft and breaking apart. Discard the cinnamon stick and any excess liquid.
- Place the plums on top of two cooked serves of Vogel’s Café-Style Super Oats Chia & Coconut (addition of 2tsp brown sugar is optional).
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and shaved coconut.
- Add a dash of Meadow Fresh cream on top.