- 1 loaf of your favourite Vogel's
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 small cans / 2 cups of veggies Tuna or mixed vegetables
- 250 grams spinach
- 250 grams Puhoi Valley Feta
- 1 cup black olives
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices (tip: buy durra spices from a Lotus Supermarket)
- 1 green chilli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Tararua butter
For the Filling:
- Dice the onions, garlic and tomatoes and finely chop the spinach.
- Heat the pan and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the onion and garlic. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes then add tomato, chilli, mixed spice, and salt. Mix well and stir until it turns into a paste.
- Put aside and cool down, then add feta cheese and olives, mixing well together.
For the Rolls:
- Use a roller to make the bread into thin flat pastry, spread the butter on one side.
- Place the cooked filling at the centre of the rolled bread and roll up like a spring roll to enclose the filling completely.
- Put the egg, vanilla and milk into a small bowl and whisk. Dip the roll into the egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs and place on a greased tray.
- Heat the pan and pour in the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot fry the rolls in the oil until they turn golden.
- Your spring rolls are ready to serve!